Quick Eye Care Tips For Computer UsersPosted by in Family Eye Care Tips
Computers have been vital part of human lives. In every aspect of a person’s life computers have always been a part of it. Unlike in the past, when computers are only generally used in the office and certain businesses, nowadays, it is a pertinent tool in a household. Every member of the family may use computer whether he is working, studying or just playing.
And with the extensive use of computers, and long hours of staring at the screen, your family eye care condition is put at risk.
You will likely experience some eye stress symptoms such as blurred vision and irritated eyes which will eventually need eye care for computer users who stay too long in front of the monitor. Radiation from the computer screen can also cause your eyes to occasionally experience double vision and difficulty seeing clearly at a distance after lingering. Moreover, prolonged contact with your computer screen can cause redness and dryness in the eyes.
Computer and its features are always enticing that one forgets to exercise or rest ones eyes. If you are experiencing the abovementioned symptoms with your eyes due to computer usage, here are sometimes eye care tips you can do to protect your eyes:
- Take a break and exercise your eyes every now and then. Look away from your computer for a while and blink for several times. And while your eyes are closed, roll both your eyeballs clockwise and counter clockwise and inhale deeply and open your eyes slowly while you exhale. Make this exercise last for a minute and repeat three times before getting back to your computer.
- Looking away from your computer and focusing your sight on distant objects will help your eyes acquire focus better. Try doing this for about five to ten minutes every hour.
- Palming is another eye care for computer users who stay in front of the screen for a very long time. Take a break from your work and sit straight. Rub your palms against each other until they warm up. Cup your warmed palms gently over your eyes and relax for a minute. Do this routine for three to four times whenever your eyes feel tired, or when you like you needed a break.
- If your job or task does not require you to linger in front of your computer, take a break and try to walk 20 steps after every 20 minutes. Doing such, will help you acquire efficient blood circulation.
- Moreover, you can also use several accessories and solutions not only for your eye care but for your family eye care solution as well. Anti-glare screens are effective in reducing eye strain at old non-TFT displays. You can also use a larger monitor, so you can easily see the print on your computer.
- If your eye problems persist, it is better to see an eye specialist to avoid more serious eye problems.